Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 08:32:53 -0500
From:      Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Subject:   Re: Toasted whatis database when dpwish pages are present

In article <Pine.BSI.3.94.970331025133.397N-100000@localhost>, you wrote:
 : On Sun, 30 Mar 1997, Howard Goldstein wrote:
 :
 : > Short of removing the dpwish (Tcl) and X man pages, is there a
 : > "blessed" way to remove them from the whatis database?
 : >
 : > Something about these two series of pages isn't understood by
 : > makewhatis, resulting in some very ugly apropos queries.
 :
 : It should cycle out every week when the whatis database is rebuilt.
 :

I cut my own throat with my original posting, the X pages are fine.
It appears the dp_wish pages only are affected (dp_address(n) for ex).
Looks like a job for submit-pr.

(thanks for your guidance re XF86 and 2.2.1R)