Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 1995 01:00:06 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, root@ns2.redline.ru
Subject:   Re: please update /dev/MAKEDEV

> >Subject: please update /dev/MAKEDEV
>
> >+ mach-4)
> >+ 	mknod iopl c 22 0
> >+ 	mknod kbd c 23 0
> >+ 	mknod mouse c 24 0
> >+ 	mknod time c 25 0
> >+ 	mknod timezone c 26 0
> >+ 	;;
>
> This can't be done.  It conflicts with FreeBSD's devices:
>
> 22: fd
> 23: bpf
> 24: pca
> 25: va
> 26: spkr

I think it's reasonable, since you won't want to use [m]any of those
devices under Mach (at least not as much as you'll want your X server
to work! :-).  Don't forget that the LITES people take a slightly
different view of what it means to "Run FreeBSD."

I think the changes are a reasonable service to LITES folk and I've
commited them.  It's not like he added them to all - you need to WANT
to do this! :-)

					Jordan