Date:      Wed, 04 Jan 2006 00:25:40 +0100
From:      Anders Normann <sjefen@andnorm.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to enable wireless mouse/keyboard on Fujitsu Siemens Amilo7300

I am a BSD-newbie, and am trying to set up the above notebook. Have
finally managed to get the wlan working with wep and all and am now
trying to get X11 on its feet.

The configuration is now ok except for the fact that my wireless mouse
isn't working, and neither is the touch-pad. The facts:

-The wireless devices(keyboard and mouse) are connected through a
receiver: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Receiver 1.0A which is
connected to the notebook by USB(the keyboard is functional, but the
mouse isn't)
- the output of "uname -a" is: "FreeBSD notebook.andnorm.no 6.0-RELEASE
FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Thu Nov  3 09:36:13 UTC 2005
root@x64.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386"
- the output of "ps -ax | grep moused" is: " 282  ??  Is     0:00.00
/usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/ums0 -t auto -I /var/run/mou" - why it gets
truncated I don't know.
- the output of "usbdevs -v" for the relevant controller is: "Controller
/dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
VIA(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 addr 2: low speed, power 100 mA, config 1, Microsoft Wireless
Optical Desktop® 1.00(0x005f), Microsoft(0x045e), rev 18.17"

Have found a patch at:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=usb/85814, but am not sure
whether this patch will solve my mouse problems without giving problems
with the keyboard. I would appreciate if someone could advice me on this.