Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:21:10 -0500
From:      bjf <bjf@samurai.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   CURRENT->STABLE - make world dies

Howdy.  I have a box which is running 4.0-CURRENT from end of January.  Last
night I cvsup'ed src-all to 4.0-STABLE and tried a 'make world'.  It dies
with the following:

===============
===> lib/libcrypt
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444   libscrypt.a /usr/lib
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444   libscrypt_p.a /usr/lib
install -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 444   -fschg  libscrypt.so.2 /usr/lib
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: install: Undefined symbol "setflags"
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libcrypt.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
===============

It would appear that /usr/bin/install either wasn't correctly created last
time I did a make world, or else it's arguments have changed slightly since
then.  However, there is no /usr/src/usr.bin/install, and there's no
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/install, so I'm not quite sure where to find install
to rebuild it separately.  Looking for a directory called 'install' with
find didn't prove productive (there are a couple, but none seemed to be the
right one).

I updated a 4.0-RELEASE machine to 4.0-STABLE last night with cvsup and make
world and it went without a hitch.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan