Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2013 17:18:49 +0000
From:      "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
Cc:        Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>, "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Starting the wpa_supplicant Daemon from rc.conf

On Dec 10, 2013, at 1:56 PM, Martin McCormick wrote:

> We are using 802.1x on our wired network and the wpa_supplicant
> on this system works like it should to authenticate with the
> network if manually called as in=20
>=20
> sudo ./etc/testwpa which is the name I gave the script that
> calls wpa_supplicant and gives it the configuration file and
> interface information to authenticate.
>=20
> 	The only thing that is not yet working is getting
> wpa_supplicant to authenticate automatically upon reboot or
> startup. I presently have the following in /etc/rc.conf:
>=20
> #wpa_supplicant
> wpa_supplicant_enable=3D"YES"
> wpa_supplicant_program=3D"/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant"=09
> #executable
> wpa_supplicant_flags=3D"-B -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -D wired -i le0"
>=20

What you actually want is:

ifconfig_le0=3D"<normal stuff> WPA"
# Don't worry, the WPA will be stripped out when talking to ifconfig(8)
# NB: WPA can appear anywhere in the ifconfig_* value

--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.