Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 21:24:33 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any reason we can't enable the bus mouse by default?

: It's simpler than any other X-based
: API I've ever used, for example.

Not to start a flame war here, but Tk is horribly convoluted compared
to OI.  I'm completely biased, mind you, but OI seemed much simpler
and saner to me.  And it did get a lot of things right (and a few
wrong, alas).

Tk is much easier and simpler than Xm or Xt, which probably explains
its popularity.  My big beef with Tk is that it has never been
extremely Motif compliant (close, yes, but not compliant in a
multitude of details).

Tk never struck me as a good abstraction for taking things down to the
character level, but maybe I'm wrong.

Warner