Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:51:01 +0200
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gmirror of zfs mirror

  I'm convinced that ZFS mirroring is far better than gmirroring, but
the latter uses much less memory (I think).
My server has 3Gb and is solely used as server (web, files/nfs/samba,
dns, mail).
The data is serves does not change much, so I would think the data
integrity checks of ZFS although useful do not serve a very high
purpose. If a disk goes bad it can be replaced using gmirror and/or ZFS.

Why would it be the preferred way to use ZFS over gmirror?
I know ZFS (I come from opensolaris). I'm not that familiar with
gmirror. Hence the doubts..;-)