Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:17:20 -0500
From:      "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@videotron.ca>
To:        Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD arm port

For a project I have here I need to port FreeBSD to an arm architecture
(SA110 processor with a 21285 as pci/memory controller). Is there anyone
currently working on this? I remember some discussions about arm support
a few weeks ago but I can't quite remember is someone was actively doing
it. I'll search the archives later on this afternoon...

Before I RTFM and try to learn how to add the support to the FreeBSD gcc
compiler to cross-compile from our i386-unknown-freebsd3.0 to
arm-unknown-freebsd3.0 I wanted to check if anyone had already done this
or was in the process of doing so. I guess it would be easier to do the
port using netbsd as host but as the hw is not yet ready we are using an
ebsa285 board to do the prototyping and I was told that netBSD doesn't
support it natively (though I could be mistaken).

Also, some pointers as to what are the main steps for doing such a port
(FreeBSD port as a whole) would be greatly appreciated.

Comments, pros, cons are welcome :)

Regards,

Stephane E. Potvin
Galea Network Security

---
La vie est trop courte pour etre prise au serieux.
                                    anonyme

P.S.: Sorry if it's on the wrong list. Feel free to follow up at the
right place if it's the case.