Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 1999 16:05:09 +1100 (EST)
From:      Josh2 Lists <josh2@marvin.albury.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xl0 no memory for rx list -- packet dropped!

Hi.

As can be seen from the subject line
(xl0 no memory for rx list -- packet dropped!) I have got a
problem. Its a '3Com 3c905B-TX Fast Etherlink XL' on a
3.2-release system.

I had this problem 1.5 months ago and read the archives. From
a message on Mon, 5 Jul 1999 from Doug White I learned that
I should rebuild a kernel with a 'stable' version of the xl
driver. I ended up with
78151 Sep 29 16:25 if_xl.c
24760 Sep 29 16:25 if_xlreg.h
Note that the dates are when I transferred them.
I rebuilt the kernel and everything was happy.

Now its done it again. I notice that the driver has been changed
again (From -stable 09-11-1999)
83717 Nov  9 15:33 if_xl.c
25404 Nov  9 15:34 if_xlreg.h

Has anyone solved this problem? or got any great idea's?
Will the newer files compile / fix the problem?

I will try the newer source files but I would love to hear
from others that have endured this problem. The real problem
is that I will not know if its fixed or not. I thought I'd
fixed it 1.5 months ago :-)

Any idea's would be helpfull. I would prefer not to upgrade
again though as this box was just upgraded to 3.2-release a few
months ago.

Josh

E-Mail: Josh2 Lists <josh2@marvin.albury.net.au>