Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:39:22 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: buildworld failure in libfetch

On Wed, 05 Jun 2002 16:44:55 CST, Scott Long wrote:

> Ok, I finally feel the need to speak up here.
>
> DES,
>
> FREEFALL CVS IS NOT THE PLACE TO PUT EXPERIMENTAL CODE THAT BREAKS WORLD!
> PERIOD!
>
> Don't give me any crap about "It's -current, you should expect breakage."
> You are abusing this disclaimer far more than it was ever meant for.
> Breaking world used to be a very humiliating event for committers.  You,
> however, break it on a consistent basis.  What the F*CK?  Yes, others
> have broken world before you, and others will break it after you, but
> you are abusing the standards of the project.

I think you went a little over the top with this message.

If you'd taken a moment to calm down and limited yourself to presenting
an emotion-free complaint, you'd be in a much better position to expect
a positive result.

Yes, DES broke the world build.  Yes, more / better testing on his part
could have avoided the breakage.  Still, it's seldom useful to come on
so strong.

Ciao,
Sheldon.