Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 10:44:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   A TCP problem, plus solution!  (3.0-current)

I've been having similar issues that where mentioned here yesterday by
somebody.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why my 3.0-current
box has been unable to telnet to my USR TC racks.

I get the connected message, and then nothing.  tcpdump shows similar
activity to what's been posted.

I traced it to a sysctl I had in /etc/rc.local that bumped the tcp
recvspace to 65536.

Resetting it to the default clears the problem up.

So there's a bad interaction in there somewhere.