Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 20:01:39 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: windowmaker ports installation

On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 11:52:31AM -0700, Brett Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Mar 07, 1999 at 03:07:29PM -0600, Michael Maxwell wrote:
>
> > > Try installing libProplist first, then do "ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib"
> > > See the "ldconfig(8)" man page for more information.
> >
> > This doesn't help. It still complains that the libPropList is not
> > installed. I've deinstalled it and reinstalled it since, also. There
> > is something weird going on!
>
> Have you checked to see that ldconfig is seeing it?  Try a
>
> 	ldconfig -r | grep Prop

look at this!

su-2.02# ldconfig -r | grep Prop
        47:-lPropList.1 => /usr/local/lib/libPropList.so.1

so it is there. To be really sure I afterwords copied it to
/usr/X11R6/lib just to be sure, but that makes no difference.

> and see if it finds it.
>
> I've built Window Maker (this version) 3 times, once on a 3.1-STABLE
> machine and on 2 separate 2.2.8-STABLE machines.
>
> > So fact is: the port for windowmaker 0.51 doesn't work at all on my
> > system, and further more fvwm2 wants that now infamous libXpm.so.4.11
> > also, so I have to stick to nice looking twm :-(
>
> I'm wondering if you're having problems between a.out and ELF libs.  Are
> all of the libs you're looking for ELF libs?  If not, are your ldconfig
> paths set right?

The paths for the libs in rc.conf was set by sysinstall upgrade option.
I'm nott really sure, but everything else seem ELF to me at least (for
what ever that is worth:) Any more hints?

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_