Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 2003 21:39:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
To:        dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ssh+slrn screengarbage

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, dick hoogendijk wrote:

> The ONLY way to work OK remotely is starting with:
> "screen ssh remotehost" My screen stays uncluttered. That nice, but I
> don't have an answer to the WHY ;-)

I've seen this behaviour regularly on (debian) linux to freebsd, solaris
or AIX terms. And not the other way round or between the others.

Dumming down the terminal with TERM does not always solves it; as TERM and
COLOR are ignored by linux for the first layer. That is why the screen
command makes it work.

Dw