Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2007 11:21:31 +0200
From:      Andrei Kolu <antik@bsd.ee>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portsnap and cvsup for rebuilding world - Which one?

On Sunday 04 March 2007 06:02, Joe Holden wrote:
> frzburn wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > I'm a new FreeBSD user, but a veteran Linux user ;)
> > I'm using FreeBSD 6, and I was wondering while I gave a try to rebuilding
> > ``world'' how to properly synchronize my source. Here's what I mean:

Create file: fastest_source.sh
#/bin/sh
csup -h $(fastest_cvsup -q -c
us,de,uk,se,no,et,ru ) /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile

Now run it:
# sh fastest_source.sh
 -=(oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo)=(cvsup7.ru.freebsd.org)=-

Connected to 195.14.50.21
Updating collection ports-all/cvs

Change ports-supfile to standard-supfile if you want to update system source
from fastest cvs server. You can run this script from cron if you want.

Andrei