Date:      Tue,  7 Jan 2003 07:52:01 -0800
From:      eculp@encontacto.net
To:        Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>
Cc:        "current@FreeBSD.ORG" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mirrored root fs?

Quoting Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>:

 | Doing "stuff" to your root filesystems is always dangerous, so you
 | have been warned :)

Thanks, Søren.  Indeed I have:-)  I'll give it a try over the coming
weekend after backing up everything:).  Will this patch be committed to
the tree, before then?

This is really great news.  I sometimes feel like I live under a
rock, I didn't realize that atacontrol raid was working so well.
Do you know of any documentation on setting it up on a new system
install, especially atacontrol RAID1+0?

I haven't used vinum because of the root partition limitations and
the complexity of the first configuration although I have been on the
verge several times.  BTW, is this an integration of vinum?  To not
have to be limited to hw raid by having similar flexibility and ease
of use with software raid will be/is, IMO, fantastic.

Thanks,

ed