Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 05:26:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Entities for some &nbsp; instances (was: cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq book.sgml)

--- Martin Heinen <martin@sumuk.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 02:59:29PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > The &ms.*; entities could also include stuff like:
> >
> > 	&ms.dos.6;
> > 	&ms.office.97;
> >
> > But I'm very skeptical about introducing entities for stuff like this.
> > The main intention would be to make it easier to type consistently
> > something that looks prettier than "foo&nbsp;bar" and is not as hard
> > to remember.  Does this sound crazy to anyone?

On the side note,
The entity, &ms.win.95 (or any other windows entity) should expand to:
"<trademark class="registered">Microsoft Windows 95</trademark>"

The mark is very important.  We also need to add an entity for "UNIX", which
expands to: "<trademark>UNIX</trademark>"

This is just my opinion of how it should be done.

  -- Hiten