Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:07:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        "Cioraca, Anca" <acioraca@enterasys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TFTP and Traceroute Source Code

Cioraca, Anca wrote to freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG:

> I purchased the FreeBSD CDs version 4.2. I am interested mainly in
> porting some of the applications, namely Traceroute and TFTP, but I
> cannot find the source code from either one. All I found was a header
> file from TFTP: tftp.h, on the second CD, under usr/include/arpa
> directory. Can you please tell me where that code is? Do I need to
> install the operating system in order to see it?

Hi Anca,

Be sure you have installed the source code. If you want to port
applications, you should really install everything if you have the space.

Once that is done, you will find the source in /usr/src/

In particular:

traceroute is in /usr/src/usr.sbin/traceroute/
tftp is in /usr/src/usr.bin/tftp/

- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Network Administrator, Accounts

  #106-380 3120 8th St E - Saskatoon, SK - S7H 0W2

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-1161   Saskatoon