Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2013 13:13:54 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ubiquity Edgemax ?

Hi!

Has anyone already tried freebsd on the

http://www.ubnt.com/edgemax

The device can be opened (loosening two screws at the bottom)
and inside there's an USB port which contains some 2GB flash stick.
Very convenient to tinker around with it. It also has a serial console port.

The linux dmesg:

http://opsec.eu/backup/edgemax-linux-dmesg

It seems to contain an Octeon and the price (approx. 120 EUR)
is attractive to tinker with it.

The linux /sys files:

http://opsec.eu/backup/edgemax-sys-files

I'm not familiar with the MIPS port -- is there some .img repository
somewhere so that I can try to boot it ?

Has anyone tried the edgemax with an image generated from

http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/mkoctimage

The image from 2011 from

http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/freebsd-octeon-image-1g.xz

looks a bit old ? I'll experiment with that one for now.

Thanks!

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         7 years to go !