Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 21:40:38 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        peter@bonkers.taronga.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any reason we can't enable the bus mouse by default?

    Warner> Tk is much easier and simpler than Xm or Xt, which
    Warner> probably explains its popularity.  My big beef with Tk is
    Warner> that it has never been extremely Motif compliant (close,
    Warner> yes, but not compliant in a multitude of details).

Well, Tk 4.0 is much more Motifish than any of its predecessors.  But
I don't consider Motif compliance a worthwhile metric anyway (I hate
Motif).  But I do admit that Tk's Motif-like widgets somehow look,
operate, and feel better than Motif itself.

Then again, I like the way OI's Motif ``feels'' as well, for what it's
worth.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've
wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I
went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.  -- Jack Handey