Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 03:34:55 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        ac199@hwcn.org
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/x11-wm/afterstep/pkg PLIST (more bsd.port.mk mods)

On Mon, Aug 24, 1998 at 06:46:15PM -0700, Satoshi Asami wrote:
>  * MLINKS=	var.1		->		nvar.2 \
>  * 	/var/qmail/man/man1/ds.1 ->	sync.l \
>  * 	qlink.conf.3qt -> qlink.234.l
>
> Do we really need the "->"?  The ones in /usr/src don't have that and
> will just link even-numbered entries to odd-numbered ones. (*)

I have to agree with Satoshi on this one.  Changing the syntax is very
much a Bad Thing.  *BSD programmers know how to read and write the
current MLINKS lines.  Now we are changing the rules.  Even though you
don't like the look of the ones used with bsd.man.mk, I think we really,
really should stay with what is the expected use/behavior.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)