Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:12:37 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   NF7100R - Quad-Xeon machine ...

Anyone have any experience with this?  The server that we are picking this
up to upgrade is currently running FreeBSD, and it was pretty much my
first FreeBSD "slipped through the cracks" ... I'd prefer *not* to have to
go to Solaris/x86 to support it, so ...

The machine is spec'd out as:

	NF7100R/Xeon 700/1024KB/256MB/10 HS HDD/6HS PCI
	+ Nefinity 700Mhz/1MB Upgrade II With Pentium III Xeon Processor
	+ ServeRAID-4M Ultra 160 SCSI Controller

I know there is a major cleanup/rewrite of the SMP code going on, and very
much look forward to seeing that when it comes out ... I just want to be
reasonably comfortable that FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE is going to be STABLE on
that hardware ...

Thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org