Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 07:47:48 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        bright@hotjobs.com (Alfred Perlstein)
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Read this...

Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> Will someone with more courage and experiance than I please speak up about
> this, perhaps contact sun?

Please _don't_ ask Sun for anything until you have a working port on
limited hardware. I doubt that anyone following this list would be
prepared to spend $$$ based on what has been said so far. Those people
who have access to Sun machines should be able to do a port with neither
financial nor moral support from Sun. If you want this sort of support,
you have to earn it.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137