Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 12:32:02 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0S fsck doesn't clean the fs

I've noticed on all our 4.0S machines, cvsupped as recently as last week,
that "fsck -y" cleans the fs, but the kernel still refuses to mount it
claiming it is not clean. Hitting reset and letting the machine come back
gets the kernel to accept that it is indeed clean. This is Any ideas?
Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - Clifford Whitworth Building
A.I.S., University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key
M.S.Powell@salfrd.ac.uk (spell salford correctly to reply to me)