Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:40:13 +0200 (EET)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting a 100Mbps card to work

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Narvi wrote:
>
> > The problem is simple - it (actually 3 of them) do not work with BSD (the
> > others sit in Windows machines).
> >
> > Now the details -
> >
> > 	1) Chip used by the cards - DEC 21140-AE (yes, AE).
>
> The problem is simple: which version of FreeBSD?  You didn't indicate
> this.

2.2-RELEASE kernel.

[snip - I will try to see if the version from -current works]

> If this doesn't solve your problem, you probably will need the most
> recent version of Matt's driver which hasn't been integrated yet (just
> announced a couple of days ago).

Yes, I saw the announcement. Even if I wanted, I most probably could not
fetch it - the links to the "outside" a presently only good enough for
mails and some "modearate" surfing - nothing biger than about 10K gets
through...

	Sander