Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:29:51 +0200
From:      "Niki Denev" <nike_d@cytexbg.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bgp router preferences

On Jan 13, 2008 1:13 AM, Eric W. Bates <ericx@vineyard.net> wrote:
> I think I have finally given up on cisco.
>
> What are folks recommendations for a machine doing full bgp routes?
>
> I think I need to get a Sangoma card; but what is the current favorite
> bgp routing software and how much RAM do folks think I can get away with?
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> --
> Eric W. Bates
> ericx@vineyard.net

I'm using openbgpd and i'm quite happy with it. It's a very basic
setup, but works without any problems,
and the memory usage is very low. bgpd uses under 60M memory with one
full routing table from the ISP,
another received via IBGP and another session with about 250K
addresses (local peering).

Regards,
Niki