Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:18:38 -0500
From:      Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   samba and localhost?

Hey List-

running: 6.1-stable
samba: 3.0.23b

Question about the loopback interface for samba....I've got a dual-homed host
and when I set this in my smb.cnf

bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = em0 lo0
hosts deny = ALL
hosts allow = 10.0.0.0/24 127.

I get errors when running samab tests stating:

querying ECW on 127.255.255.255
Sending a packet of len 50 to (127.255.255.255) on port 137
Packet send failed to 127.255.255.255(137) ERRNO=Can't assign requested
address
name_query failed to find name ECW#1d

I do have PF filter running, but I don't see any blocks on the pf logs.  When
I'm actually trying to do anything with samba I just get "can't find login
server" errors. When I modify this to:  interfaces = em0   then most of my
services work fine, but I can't use net commands, etc.. since they try and
connect on the localhost.

How can I fix this?

Henrik
--