Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:28:50 -0800
From:      "Derek Jewett" <djewett@snowcrest.net>
To:        "Wes Peters" <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        <net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: named.... "address already in use".. Help

I do indeed have named running... So it seems that it is executing on bootup
which is good. But I still do not get address resolution. I tested by
attempting to ping one of our hosts : "ping shastaa"

So I am assuming that my setup is incorect as it does not forward the
request to the forwarders.

In resolv.conf I have 127.0.0.1 as my DNS entry, so I have it pointed to
itself. and as I mentioned I hae the forwarders line setup, and I
uncommented the forward only; line. According to the man page this is all
you need to do. As well I am able to ping the forwarders by IP, as well as
the hosts, just not by hostname.

Thanks