Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:05:01 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ivan Fetch <ivanfetch@technologist.com>
To:        Adam Wiggins <wiggins@treyarch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: divert

Hello,
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Adam Wiggins wrote:
[....]

> Mainly I set the proper options for natd_* in rc.conf, but the rc.firewall
> command to add the divert line is failing.  Doing it manually I see:
>
> # ipfw add 100 divert natd all from any to any via mx1
> 00100 divert 8668 ip from any to any via mx1
> ipfw: setsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument
> #

   I had the above due to my kernel - the stock kernel does not include
the options you need.  Copy
/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC to something like /sys/i386/conf/NEWKERNEL and add
the following lines:
options IPFIREWALL
options IPDIVERT

then run:
/usr/sbin/config NEWKERNEL

Change to /sys/i386/compile/NEWKERNEL and run:
make depend
make
make install

Hope this helps -- Ivan.