Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 23:07:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au, mladavac@metropolitan.at, rb@gid.co.uk, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: another ufs panic..

:>
:>     Maybe you should consider taking an Axe to that equipment.  With it
:>     powered on.
:
:Funny, NOT.  Makes me wonder more about the integrity, in general, of
:running "high performance" h/w on pc's.  I'm sure we all just *love*
:how power cables and disk cables are almost always close together.
:
:oh, I get it now, it's an APril fools day thing.
:
:Darren

    *plus* be sure to feed it.  A nice glob of boiling salted molasses poured
    on the motherboard while at the same time smashing it with the
    aformentioned axe.  While powered on.  Be sure to use rubber gloves and
    remember, you always get better results when you jumper your breaker
    box to avoid untimely shutdowns during this phase of debugging.

    Next week:  The best ways to smoke a computer with an Arc Welder.  Matt's
    top 5 picks!  And, as a bonus from the archives and old reader favorite,
    Matt's 1986 article entitled "how to build a highly directional
    medium-range wave-guided EMP generator for less then five hundred thousand
    dollars".

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>