Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 14:54:57 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        "Neill R. Robins" <robalama@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSup question

"Neill R. Robins" wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I have somewhat of a time restraint that comes into play but I would like to
> update my sources to the 3.2 (from 3.1) and was curious about how long I can
> expect (very roughly of course, considering many factors can affect it)

I ran cvsup from 3.2-stable a number of times and it required a lot of
time (perhaps an hour) for the first time. It is always faster after
that.

> I have:
> 33.6 connection
> 3.1-Release
> Getting all sources and all ports
> P2-233/64M
>
> Also, it I leave the "*tag=" off will it retrieve the latest sources?

Read the README in /usr/share/examples/cvsup because leaving the tag
off can increase your time drastically <grin>. I remember reading that
a bad tag deletes everything and then downloads nothing. You want to
run cvsup  stable-supfile and then run cvsup ports-supfile. They have
different tags and can't be run from the same cvsup command.

Kent

> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Neill

Kent Stewart