Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 11:17:43 -0500
From:      "Danny J. Zerkel" <dzerkel@phofarm.com>
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Cc:        toor@dyson.iquest.net
Subject:   Re: CMD640b ide controller bug workarounds?

> I can 'fix' the problem but am overloaded with work this weekend.  We
> haven't encountered this problem very often, and any solution to the
> problem is a bit of a 'wart.'  If you are willing to wait for approx
> 1-2wks, I might be able to hack the wd driver.  (In fact, it might
> be a good kernel initiation project for YOU :-)).
>
> John
> dyson@freebsd.org

If he's not interested, I am.  I have one of these controllers on my
motherboard (Micronics).  I would also like to access the PCI side of
this controller, instead of the ISA side.

I only have one disk hanging off this controller, just a 540 that I
use for Windows95 (when forced at gun point).  I also use it as a
secondary boot partition for FreeBSD if I need to mess with the boot
partitions on my SCSI disks.

Danny J. Zerkel
Photon Farmers
dzerkel@phofarm.com.