Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 17:10:46 -0700
From:      "Johnny F. Morris" <johnny@tds.color-laser.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Date: error 14

I installed Xwindows on friday and noticed on monday that when I typed
#date  I was getting "Permission Denied"

When I examined the date binary I saw it was modified on friday about the
same time
I had done the install of XFree86.....and the permissions on date were
-rw------- 1 root bin 81408 May 21 16:53 date

Also the date binary was no longer an executable....there was no * next to it.

So i did a
#chmod +x date
and changed the permissions to match all the others in /bin
-r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 81408 May 21 16:53 date

BUT now when I do a
#date
I just get...

date: error 14

Can anyone shed some light as to where I've screwed up here.

Thank you,
Johnny