Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 1999 20:08:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make update

My make update isn't working anymore, and I can't figure out why.  I
know the recent stuff regarding Id->FreeBSD, and I've closely watched
all the files that Doug talked about, and they're all the way he said
they should be, but after I get done with the cvsup part of make update,
and it looks to be real near the end of the "cvs -q update -d -P", it
dies, no core.

I have gone in afterwards and tried to do a cvs update without the -q
flag so I could spot just where it was failing, but (and this astonished
me) it always works when I invoke it directly (not via make).  I am
using the same cwd, and I've tried the manual cvs update with and
without the -q flag, it always works without the makefile, and always
fails as part of make update.  I've checked Makefile, Makefile.inc0 and
Makefile.inc1, they're all in fine condition (cvs diff shows no
problems).

Any idea why this should be so?

Chuck Robey                | Interests include any kind of voice or data
chuckr@mat.net             | communications topic, C programming, Unix and
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1 | carpentry.  It's all in the design!
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD/i386
(301) 220-2114             | jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD/Alpha