Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 18:34:04 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Adam Szilveszter <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        Linus Nilsson <d96ln@efd.lth.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel wont compile

Hello !

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Linus Nilsson wrote:

> Hi.
>
>         I cvsupped src-all to 3.1-STABLE yesterday and make world made it
> through.
>
> I did the following additions to GENERIC:
>
> controller pnp0
> controller snd0
> device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 1
> device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
The problem here is that this isn't enough. You should add the following
lines for an SB AWE card: (or that's what I use:-)

controller snd0          #The sound controller
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
# The SB irq address and first DMA
device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5     #SB 16 (and above) second DMA
device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330 #SB midi
device opl0 at isa? port 0x388 # Yamaha OPL synthesizer

(if there are problems with X freezing at times, i suspect it is a
solution
to add "conflicts" at the end of the line with sbxvi0.)
This should work fine but will operate the card like a SB 16. (no
wavetable synthesis.) If you want a more professional approach, go to :

http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/awepnp-freebsd.txt

That's a bit more complicated, but should work and the card will be run
like AWE 32.

> Id appreciate any help. Thanks. Ciao.
>
> /Linus
I hope it helps:-)