Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 11:11:21 CDT
From:      "john saleeby" <johnsaleeby@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   accessing the web

Talk about a Newbie!(That's me) I live in a small town with few ISPs the
only free ISP is not reliable( and we could loose it anytime). What I really
want to do is establish a small local ISP (200-300) users and split the
operating costs among the users. NOW- is BSD (part of)the way to do this?
What more than the server(BSD) do we need to connect to the net? Phone
line(?) or what? OR DO WE STILL NEED TO HAVE AN ISP TO CONNECT TO, OR CAN WE
GO DIRECT TO THE WEB????(IF YES< HOW)                         Told you we
were Newbies (but we're sincere)

If I'm barking up the wrong tree please let me know - but if it can be done
point me in the right direction.

Thank you,
John