Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:10:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/8492: New port: ruboard-1.2

The following reply was made to PR ports/8492; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To: Andrew Maltsev <am@amsoft.ru>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:12:44 -0500 (EST)

 On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Andrew Maltsev wrote:

 > >Number:         8492
 > >Category:       ports
 > >Synopsis:       New port: ruboard-1.2 - easily configurable Web board

 > sed 's/^X//' >ruboard/patches/patch-aa << 'END-of-ruboard/patches/patch-aa'
 > X*** Config.orig	Sat Sep 12 21:44:10 1998
 > X--- Config	Mon Oct  5 04:30:34 1998
 > X***************
 > X*** 3,9 ****
 > X  #
 > X  # Where ruboard shold be installed (home dir)
 > X  #
 > X! HOMEDIR	=	/usr/local/lib/ruboard
 > X  #
 > X  # Owner of boards. Defaults to your user id. Do not delete `-o' if you
 > X  # will set it.

 You should set prefix higher, and then reference it in 'homedir'

 > X--- 3,14 ----
 > X  #
 > X  # Where ruboard shold be installed (home dir)
 > X  #
 > X! PREFIX	=	/usr/local
 > X! HOMEDIR	=	$(PREFIX)/etc/ruboard
 > X! #
 > X! # Where binaries are instaled
 > X! #
 > X! BINDIR	=	$(PREFIX)/libexec
 > X  #
 > X  # Owner of boards. Defaults to your user id. Do not delete `-o' if you
 > X  # will set it.
 > END-of-ruboard/patches/patch-aa

 mv ${WRKSRC}/Config ${WRKSRC}/Config.pre_sed
 cat Config | \
 sed s#/whatever/the/old/prefix/is#${PREFIX}#g >> ${WRKSRC}/Config

 is much better then hard coding /usr/local (which not everyone uses), also
 PLEASE use unified output (diff -ruN Config.old Config) for your patches.
 I could have written the complete sed command for you, but you seem to be
 using context. ugh.

 - bill fumerola [root/billf]@chc-chimes.com - computer horizons corp -
 -  ph:(800)252.2421 x128 / bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - BF1560  -

 	"Logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect
 	when taken in too large quantities" -Lord Dunsany