Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:13:58 GMT
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.8 fixit disk does not work

I am trying to use the Fixit disk on 2.2.8 to repair a broken machine.

Booting from a 2.2.8 boot floppy and then selecting repair mode with
the fixit floppy locks up my machine. It thinks there is no fixit disk
instereted when there is.
(this is repeatable on 2 machines, and I regenerated the disk sets too)

3.1 boot set + fixit works fine though.

Is there a known bug in the 2.2.8 disk set.
I could not find anything on the errata or the mailing lists.

Thanks
Roger
--
Roger Hardiman