Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:22:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel ddb help

you can gdb -k mykernel /dev/mem
and do
list bqrelse+0x25
 (I think)
alternatively,
in ddb you can do:

x/iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii bqrelse

and work out what is wrong by reading the machine instructions

WHen I have one machine I usually debug by running the new kernel
within a VMWARE virtual machine. Using the nmdm driver
you can run gdb in the main machine to debug it, all within one machine.
(unfortunatly it doesn't help for debugging drivers because the virtual
machine doesn't have acces to the real hardware).