Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 1997 12:52:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        rb@gid.co.uk
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.dk, luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which CD drives can read audio data ?

 * >> anyone knows which CD drives can read audio data, and if there is any
 * >> support for reading audio data from ATAPI drives ?
 * >
 * >Some ATAPI drives supports it (it's optional according to the std.)
 * >I think my Toshiba drive is capable of it. We don't have support
 * >for it in the drivers though, but it should be fairly easy to add....
 *
 * Check out also http://www.heim3.tu-clausthal.de/~olli/tosha/tested.html for
 * allegedly working SCSI hardware.

And tosha is in ports.  I've read CDs on Toshiba and Sony SCSI CD
drives using it.

Satoshi