Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 19:20:40 +1100
From:      davidn@unique.usn.blaze.net.au (David Nugent)
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   pop server with virtual domains

I'm looking for a POP3 (preferably imap too) server that
handles virtual domains. In particular, it needs to handle
"virtual users" of those domains as well, which is essentially
to avoid setting up user accounts on a box that needs to handle
mail on behalf of anything up to 60 or so domains.

Now, I can set up sendmail with virtual domain support, or
I can even map incoming mail to those domains to special
mailers that handle local delivery, verify against a
userlist that is not in /etc/passwd etc. so that side of
it is not a problem. What I'm looking for is the other
component - a pop-capable server that can take connections
on behalf of a list of domains, use a domain-specific
user/password list and access mailboxes in a domain-specific
location.

Does such a package exist?

Regards,

David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/