Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 1996 13:33:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@freefall.freebsd.org>, current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new JDK release

On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > 1) The appletviewer doesn't work for me. I get "Invalid JAVA_HOME:
> > /usr/local/java". I tried leaving it out of my .cshrc, no luck; and I
> > tried setting it all around the <jdk> root directory (/bin, etc..).
>
> You need to set your CLASSPATH, mine is set to:
> 	/usr/local/share/java:/usr/local/share/java/lib:.
> Which is probably one more directory than needed, but hey, it
> works. :-)

Hmm, this isn't working for me. Here are my .cshrc entries:
# JDK_1.0.2 stuff
setenv CLASSPATH
.:/usr/local/java/classes.zip:/usr/local/java/lib:/usr/local/java

setenv JAVA_HOME /usr/local/java
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/java/lib/i386

I'm running the 2.2-ALPHA; perhaps I need to be running -CURRENT or
something?? My classes are definately being loaded because I can compile
and run appliactions - just can't run the appletviewer...

P.S. The appletviewer worked fine until I tried the newer JDK that runs
the Marimba products. Otherwise, everything is fine!! It's not a major
problem anyways - I just run netscape to test applets...

Thanks anyways!
-Mark

| Mark Mayo		  mark@quickweb.com       |
| RingZero Comp.  	  vinyl.quickweb.com/mark |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch