Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 09:48:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andre LeClaire <leclaire@venus.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: login with no password

Doug, thanks for your help. I think login is broken in 2.2.1-RELEASE. I
changed my tag from RELENG_2_2_1_RELEASE to RELENG_2_2, did another cvsup
and make world (so now I'm running 2.2-STABLE) and the problem went away.
Anybody installing 2.2.1 on a new system is going to have a problem
logging in the first time, though, unless they've already set the password
using sysinstall.

Andre