Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 1997 05:21:21 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Stephen Hocking <shocking@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org, sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: Possible Quake port to FreeBSD?

It sounds like they're at least back to their original terms, anyway.
Before they shut down the other unix ports, the deal was that if you
sent them a full configured machine with reasonable amounts of disk
space and memory, they'd do the port.  Anyone who's into this want
to send iD a box?  I've none to spare myself, at the moment, nor
do I think of quake as quite the kind of priority to which I would
devote one if I had. :-)

					Jordan

> Fingering John Carmack at id (johnc@idsoftware.com) gives the following -
>

> On since Jan  6 14:59:09                5 days 19 hours Idle Time
>    on ttyp2 from idcarmack
> On since Jan 12 21:58:30                10 days Idle Time
>    on ttyp3 from idcarmack
> Plan:
> Ok, off the soapbox and back to normal id stuff...
> ============================
> Jan 12
> We now have someone officially in charge of quake/quakeworld unix ports:
>                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Dave 'Zoid' Kirsch.
> zoid@threewave.com
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Direct any correspondance about the linux ports of quake to him.  If any othe
r unix vendors would like to have quake ported to their environments, set up an
 equipment loan with him.

> This is a volenteer position, so don't give him a hard time.
> Jan 22
> A preliminary release of glquake and the 3dfx driver has been put on our ftp
site in the idstuff/unsup directory.
> one hour later...
> 3dfx gave me a new vxd for glquake that fixes crashing problems on some penti
um pro systems.  glquake1.zip now contains the current file.