Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:48:05 +0100
From:      "Stacy Olivas" <olivas@digiflux.org>
To:        "'Giorgos Keramidas'" <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <bsd-advocacy@daemonnews.org>, <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: [bsd-advocacy] Wait for me!

<snip>

> Since I'm not actively helping a lot with the whole PubRel idea, don't
> let me cause problems or inhibit the work you're about to do.  But...
>
> I'm not sure I like the last sentence of 3.b a lot.  I tend to prefer
> thinking of the BSDs as one large group of Unix developers,
> professionals and enthusiasts whose common goal is to enhance,
> develop, promote and advocate "BSD".
>
> I already know of at least two persons who are interested both in
> FreeBSD and one of the other BSDs.  Why would you want to restrict
> access to these core advocacy teams?

It was just a suggestion.. I'm trying to get people thinking about
*HOW* this will be organized.. I appreciate your input, thanks. :)

<snip>

> I also don't like the way "core team" is being used to identify the
> group that steers FreeBSD advocacy and public relations.  There is
> much confusion and a lot of unclear vagueness that is waiting there
> for a chance to confuse the unwary reader.  The previous two snippets
> refer to "core team" but it is only the use of the word "FreeBSD" in
> front of the "FreeBSD project core team" that hints towards the team
> of persons that receive core@freebsd.org mail.

I see your point.. I originally used core to denote the central people
in the PubRel project. I can see how it would become confusing using
terminoligy that is already being used to describe something else.

Hmmm, any ideas on another way to word this?

> When this whole effort starts working towards common goals with the
> "OpenBSD advocacy team" and the "NetBSD advocacy team" you will have
> to distinguish between the three teams too.  What will the term
> "FreeBSD project core team" refer to then?

true.. true..

> I'm not part of the core@freebsd.org team.  Advocacy is, though, a
> game that some times depends on the ability to communicate the precise
> meaning of what is being written, with sharp clarity and no chance of
> being confusing.  This is why I thought I'd mention the possibility of
> "core team" being a choise for a name that is less than optimal.
>
> - Giorgos

Yes, I see your points.. Thank you for your input.. :)  Comments
like this are what is going to help with trying to sort out this
thing and ensure that nobody has overlooked any details..

-Stacy