Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 04:51:48 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        ardelean@quasar.uvt.ro (Gheorghe Ardelean)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q: router is loosing default

Gheorghe Ardelean stands accused of saying:

> I am currently running FreeBSD 1.1.5 on a 8Mb 386 DX as a 4 card
> router. From time to time the default route dissapeares from the routing
> table. What is the reason of this strange behaviour?

You are probably running routed, and it is expiring your route.  Either tell
it not to (read the manual page), or don't run it.  I recommend the latter.

> %  Address: Gheorghe ARDELEAN

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[