Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 22:08:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        n@nectar.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kairetsu

> > Our final solutions was to operate as separate, but associated legal
> > entities.  The ISP is operated as a totally separate legal entity
> > from the Carrier business, they do have a possible affiliated status under
> > the 47 USC act, but so far the lawyers have keep us clean on that one.
>
> Heh.  You're a "Kairetsu".

I finally bothered to go dig out just what this was, it took a while
to find this reference that gave me some form of a definition:

   Mutasa pointed to the role of small to medium enterprises as an engine
   for growth. In Japan they call this the Kairetsu. It is the hidden
   wealth creating machine which also abounds in Europe. It is striking
   to appreciate what the Germans call the Mittlestand The Mittelstand is
   Germanys conglomeration of small firms creating wealth from exports.
   These firms are supported by two factors. One a national export
   infrastructure and two the business orientation (or culture) of small
   firms.

Yes, we are a Kairetsu, and rapidly moving from the ``small'' to the
``medium'' class as enterprises go :-)

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net