Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 01:42:19 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au, SimsS@Infi.Net, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Some recent changes to GENERIC

> PnP support.
>
> PnP will relocate the cards on each boot (potentially), so you must
> boot -c each time.

Which, IMNSO, would be unacceptable.  If PnP is to come in (and I
shudder anyway at the thought of Julian bringing in *another* 90%
finished opus which he'll then never look at again :-), I think it'll
have to be done in a fashion where it's properly integrated with all
the other various tools or make a mockery of the very phrase "plug and
play."  I mean, what would be the point otherwise?  PnP is supposed to
make the user's life *simpler* :-)

					Jordan