Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:58:43 -0500
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Journaling Filesystem ?

Hello.  I was wondering if there is any work on a Journaling filesystem to
possible replace, or as an alternative to UFS.  I have been following
ReiserFS for Linux quite closely, and I have had the chance to experiment
with it.  It seems to be coming along nicely and the performance is great.
Are there plans for something along this line for FreeBSD?  Is there a
project underway?

This is not the sort of thing I am likely to be able to contribute much code
too (although I would love to give it a shot), so I would volunteer to test
it on my box :)

Thanks,

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net