Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 15:00:52 -0600 (GMT-0600)
From:      Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez <victor@usac.edu.gt>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache and SPML problem...

Hi!

This question probably does not belong to this list, but I have no idea
where else can I ask for help.

I liked very much the performance of Apache webserver on my FreeBSD box.
Our main server is a DEC Alpha with OSF/1, so I downloaded Apache sources
from www.apache.org and compiled on the Alpha. Everything seems to be
working ok, except that I am not able to use server-parsed html :(  I have
configured it this way:

in srm.conf:

AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
AddType text/html .shtml

Also, the "mod_include.o" module was compiled in.

Now, I have a document (called test.shtml) with just two lines:

<!--#printenv -->
<!--#echo=DATE_GMT -->

but when I open it with the browser, it appears blank (so I assume
server-parsing is not working). Of course, I am opening it thru the
webserver, not as a local file.

Please tell me what am I doing wrong...

Thanks in advance,

Victor Carranza
University of San Carlos, Guatemala

P.D. Has anybody tried NetBSD for the DEC Alpha? Is it a good alternative,
since there is no FreeBSD for the Alphas?