Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:40:39 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Moving bt848 driver to /sys/dev/bktr

Hi,

I want to move the Bt848 driver to /sys/dev/bktr

Here is why.....
The Bt848 driver (bktr) is contained in one file
(/sys/pci/brooktree848.c) and currently runs to about 7000 lines.

I've broken the driver down into 4 smaller files which cleanly
splits the functionality (tuner, audio, card probing, Bt848 programming)
With all the new .c and .h files, the new Bt848 driver consists
of about 9 files now instead of 1.

Rather than commit 8 new files to /sys/pci I would rather move
the whole lot to /sys/dev/bktr and keep them neatly in their
own directory (just like all the USB files are in one place)

Splitting the files up makes it easier to maintain, easier to
understand and easier to update.

So, does anyone see any problems with this?

Thanks
Roger
--
Roger Hardiman        | Telepresence Research Group
roger@cs.strath.ac.uk | DMEM, University of Strathclyde